- Chile, one of the longest countries in the world, is located on the west coast of the South American continent, south of Peru and Bolivia and west of Argentina.
- Chile is a very diverse country geographically. The northern region is occupied mainly by the Atacama Desert. The Central region is home to the cities of Santiago and Valparaiso and the great majority of the nation’s population, as well as most of the nation’s agriculture, especially vineyards. Some of the world’s best red and white wines are grown in Chile. The Southern region is cold and dominated by mountains, lakes and lush evergreen forests.
- Santiago boasts one of the most dazzling backdrops for a world city. The snow-covered peaks of the Andes rise behind the city like a giant white rampart against the blue sky, towering above the city! Take in the pleasant atmosphere of Santiago’s historic centre. Stroll through the bustling Plaza de Armas or through one of the city’s numerous, meticulously landscaped parks.
- Valparaiso, a hilly city located on the Central Coast, is the country’s main port. Enjoy the intense atmospheric palette of colours and flavours in Valparaiso!
- Central Chile is a microcosm of the entire country, balanced as it is between the arid North and the forests of the South. It possesses a breathtaking diversity.
- The inland part of central Chile, a very diverse area, features valleys, a trail of lush, emerald vineyards, thundering rivers, lakes, wildernesses of glacially sculpted canyons, and small colonial villages.
- The Southern region of Chile is dominated by stunning Andean mountain scenery, and countless lakes and rivers, where you can practice your favourite water sports. There are also endless opportunities for skiing, hiking and mountain biking! In this region we also find Todos los Santos national park, featuring the stunningly beautiful turquoise-coloured Todos los Santos lake! Not to be missed!
- Another place worth visiting is Chiloe Island, with its amazing temperate rainforest and gently rolling hills. Enjoy hiking along its well-signposted trails. Buy crafts in the town of Chiloe.
London to Santiago return airfare + 7 nights hotel + transfers + land tours £ 1840.00
Day 1 Arrive Santiago
Day 2 Half-day Santiago City tour
Day 3 Day trip to Cajon del Maipo (in the Andes)
Day 4 At leisure
Day 5 Full-day tour of Valparaiso and Vina del Mar
Day 6 Santiago- Museum + Plaza de Armas
Day 7 Depart from Santiago
A 2-week tour can be arranged upon request.
Purchase of Travel insurance and flight cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
All prices are subject to change and are quotes only.